Tomologic’s mission is to make sheet metal working intelligent, resulting in significant environmental and cost advantages for various stakeholders. We are an important part of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, combining Artificial Intelligence techniques with traditional optimization problems, thus leveraging significant competitive advantages as well as a unique opportunity to save over 1% of global carbon emissions.
Tomologic offers the best of two worlds: the financial stability and benefits of a grown up company while still having the social culture and low-overhead innovative momentum of a startup. Tomologic is privately owned with solid backing from external industrial investors.
The technical challenge: Optimizer, our SaaS delivered core product, is utilizing heuristic algorithms to deliver the highest possible packing quality to our customers in the sheet metal industry. We already far outdo conventional packing strategies, but we aim to reduce the time to production, and increase packing quality even further.
You will be a part of the Optimizer R&D team that develops the product together with the product owner, quality and platform operations. Our main language is Java, but several of us came on board with only C# or C++ skills. Other tools and technologies we touch on a regular basis are, among others, Scala, Git, Jira, and Jenkins. We believe that you have software design bragging rights, but also hope you can share some fabulous failure stories.
You match all of these traits, skills and experiences:
- Scientific approach to problem solving
- You like clean code and functional style programming
- Great interpersonal skills – both written and verbal
- At least 5 years of experience in the field
- M.Sc or PhD. in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- English or Swedish skills
- Eligible to work in Sweden
The more the merrier of these skills and experiences:
- Combinatorial optimization techniques (for example local search heuristics and constraint programming)
- Artificial intelligence techniques
- Basic linear algebra and geometry
- Software utilizing heavy parallelism (multicore and distributed)
- Working in a Linux and OS X environment
You will work side-by-side with highly skilled scientists and engineers in an innovative and team-oriented culture. Our Engineering team consists of about 15 professionals. We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and result in a better optimization service for our customers.
This full time position is located in our Stockholm office.
To apply, please send an email, with a CV and cover letter, to [email protected] The position is open now, and interviews will be carried out continuously. Apply today.